26 November 2012

REVIEW: Sam Cruz's Infalliable Guide to Getting Girls

Note: Click the book cover to go to the GoodReads page!

Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls

by: Tellulah Darling
Why the hell can’t chicks be more like guys?
Provided by: Netgalley for review.
Buy Your Copy: Amazon | Barnes & Noble




A Quick Rundown:
This book very easily could have been a romantic comedy movie released for all us teens and adults alike who want to fall in love with the player and root for the couple that is the underdog.  Sam and Ally have been best friends for like, ever.  She's never been the pretty girl, but suddenly she finds herself feeling like she needs to change a bit (can we say EVERY rom-com ever?, starting with Grease) to impress the opposite sex.  Enter Sam, the bffae-aeaeaeae to give her a magical makeover that makes her some sort of Goddess.  [Who knew makeup and wardrobe could change a person?] What happens next is to NEVER be expected... (sarcasm, ladies and gents!)

Review:
Its not that I didn't like this book, because I did.  It was a light read, and it was cute.  Nothing intense, nothing unpredictable.  I would have preferred some unforseen moments, however.  Meaning.. I would like not to be able to write my books myself due to the cliche romantic comedy stereotype.  Sam and Ally were great characters, and each had a sassy little attitude and personality about them that were unique and quirky. I loved the "rules" that Sam had, and how he pretends to be a little hardass, but in reality.. the kid has a heart.  Ally was just adorable, I felt she could be my little sister that I had to help through the hard times and pressures of high school.  

Who Should Read This?
Anyone looking for a light, quick, fast-paced read should give this book a shot.  It is definitely cute, and for sure an easy read.  The characters are loveable, the only issue I had was for the younger audience (15 and below) this book definitely had some sexual moments that may not be appropriate.  Therefore, I would advise that you should be at least sixteen to dive into this one.  Tellulah Darling definitely has potential as an author, and I would not hesitate to pick up something else from her in the future!  My biggest gripe with the book - like I stated before was the predictability.  But, still a cute, light-hearted read!


-Because I received this book for review, I wasn't aware of the WAY awesome price!  For both Nook and Kindle the book is only $3.99! A bargain for sure, so definitely makes it even more appealing!-
Cute and sweet, a good one for any reading slump






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...